Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Photoshop Tutorial 4


I'm starting to get it. This tutorial in particular pushed the skill of transforming text into shapes in order to achieve a 3D effect without having to draw in all of the lines perspectively or any other insane backdoor method. I liked that I played around with texture as well because I found myself not only working with the layers of making the piece (or the text at least) dimensional, I simultaneously was working with making sure that the texture felt reasonable as well. I think that this tutorial has an obvious skill to offer and if you were perhaps looking for a more faceted photoshop experience, more tutorials or a different one may be required. By the end of the semester, I want to have acquired enough photoshop knowledge that I no longer ignore the sad blue box on my dock, but instead, begin using photoshop for otherwise laborious tasks that I had been accomplishing by hand or by ineffective technique beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment